Monday, July 12, 2010

RIP Nishant Bhaiya!

Saturday ended with a Good Job from boss, good news from a close friend (His father is ill, but currently he is doing great.) and bun maska chai with a college friend.

After such wonderful evening and late night movie marathon, I woke up at 11.59 in morning. Few peeks at Gujarat Samachar and a light breakfast, I started making list of the tasks that I had to accomplish in the remaining 12 hours.

There was a hurried knock on my door; I opened it to find Sandeepji, my nagging neighbour.

He said “Do you know Dimri?”

“Yes, I remember him”

“He died last night in a road accident”

“He was riding his bike and something happened; skull cracked and he was dead then and there” he added.

I said “Okay” and slammed my door.

Story over and a human too!

An okay Guitarist, LLB student and nice guy is no more.

I didn’t inquire about how he died. Was he drunk, rash driving or someone hit him; whatever may be the process the outcome is not going change.

I didn’t go to hospital too, I am afraid as I don’t have the courage to face grieving people.

He used to call me Nana as he loved my mimicry acts and preferred my act on Nana Patekar.

I used to comment on his way of living, to which he used to say “Pahadi hai hum, aise hi rehte hai”

Broad smile and long hair accompanied by down to earth attitude, he was fun.

I remember the first time we met; I had ‘unknowingly’ misbehaved with a senior in my Hostel cum PG. The offended guy was landing one after another slap on my cheeks. Dimri (Nishant Dimri) bhaiya came, he rescued me and apologised on the other guy’s behalf.

After few hours he knocked at my door and explained why you should respect seniors and other stuff that any hostel guy should know. I started following his suggestion and in no time, I not only found myself in their good books but they also started respecting me.

We used to celebrate many festivals like a family. Many nights did I spend trying to match my lyrics while he played guitar.

I haven’t met him since last few months, his visits to hostel decreased after his friends moved out.

Today when I close my eyes I can see his smiling face, hope I can do the same after few years.
RIP Nishant Bhaiya!

I remember a small sentence from a poem my father used to sing –
નજાણ્યુ જાનકી નાથે કે કાલે સવારે શુ થવાનુ છે

(Not even the husband of Janki (i.e. Janki means Sita his husband - Ram) knew what is going to happen the very next day. True!)

-inanimate

1 comment:

  1. Nishu (Nishant...) was a family friend of ours... very sweet bachha... we have spend some real good times together... he was younger to me... n was loved by each n everyone he met.... he was my parents Favourite child as he use to call them Bade Papa & Badi Mummy...I use to love it as it use to brings a broad smile on my Mom's face... he was like her own child... this came as big shock to all of us... RIP Nishu!!!

    ReplyDelete